***Digital Preorder for "Last Ticket Home" will be available on June 4th, 2019 (Bandcamp won't let us do it before then.) For those who preorder the record now, we will email you a mp3 of "Lassitude."***
Peter Jefferies, a living legend of New Zealand underground music, from his seminal bands Nocturnal Projections and This Kind of Punishment, to his collaborative efforts in bands such as Plagal Grind and Two Foot Flame, is perhaps best known for his solo work on masterpieces such as “The Last Great Challenge in a Dull World” (1990) and “Electricity” (1994), as well as numerous other albums of his singular songcraft.
Grapefruit is proud to be releasing Jefferies’ latest, “Last Ticket Home”, which leaves the station early in his career when “The Last Great Challenge in a Dull World” left off and takes us on a guided tour of a fascinating side street via rare singles, both released and unreleased, radical live interpretations, and a wealth of never released material dating from 1991-2019. “Last Ticket Home” redefines Jefferies’ artistic journey, giving us a song cycle narrative which scorches, blisters and eventually heals on its relentless, ragged way home. "Last Ticket Home" comes in a deluxe, tip-on, old style Stoughton jacket.
Peter Jefferies - Last Ticket Home
1. Crossover Ajax 7”, 1993 A Side
2. Lassitude from ”I Hear The Devil” 7”, Drag City, 1991
3. Guided Tour from “What’s This Noise?” 7”, Raffmond, 1992
4. Wined Up Ajax 7”, 1993 B Side
5. Westgate Exit Death Valley 7”, 1999 B Side
6. Ghostwriter Death Valley 7”, 1999 A Side
7. Electricity (Live) Melbourne, 2002, Previously unreleased
8. World In A Blanket (Live) Melbourne, 2002, Previously unreleased
9. Cyclone Dawn Unreleased 7”, White Side, 2015
10. Fallaway Unreleased 7”, Black Side, 2015
11. Last Ticket Home Previously unreleased 2019
Includes unlimited streaming of Last Ticket Home
via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.